UmeNow is a private social network by invitation only. However, during open-beta anyone may become a member.
Members are not allowed to impersonate another person. Members may register under any name they choose. Members may change their names within the site at anytime.
1. When you submit personally identifiable information to us, we use your personal information to properly operate and maintain those features and functions within the site that serve you and to process any flagged activity or correspondence you send to us.
3. Our servers may automatically receive and record information about you on our server logs. We may use "cookies" containing anonymous unique identifiers stored in your computer. We do this only in the context of providing you with specific services and features of the Website that you have chosen to use. We do not use this information to track you as an individual or to report your activities.
5. We do not willingly disclose your private information unless it is required by court order or is required to provide you with a service you request. We will defend your right to be notified that we have received a court order. We do not share your personally identifiable information with outside parties.
6. If you receive unsolicited or spam mail, please report it to us immediately at email@example.com
7. Your name and other relevant information may be displayed to others subject to your privacy settings and posting settings. Select privacy settings and posting settings to exclude others or post anonymously.
8. Your identity may become public through the videos and photos you submit, unless you select privacy settings that exclude others from viewing your Submissions. Even when you post anonymously, your identity may become known to others if they recognize your writing style, your video voice or any other identifiable features and traits. We do our part to protect your privacy. But you must take full responsibility for understanding the limits of technology today and take personal responsibility for choosing wisely with whom you share information. The most absolute way to keep a secret or maintain your absolute privacy is to not share it with anyone, whether it's online or face-to-face.
9. When you upload text, videos and photo images within our site, other members may be able to contact you through messages and comments. In many instances you can set privacy settings so you do not get these messages.
10. Your privacy is enhanced when you select privacy settings that disallow embedding. Ultimately, however, we all know one thing to be true. If you share information with even one person the potential exists for others to gain it. If you want a 100% guarantee that information you upload t is not used or seen by others, there is one sure solution: Never upload, never share it.
11. We do not use your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
12. We may share your personal information as a last resort to respond to a subpoena, court orders, legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights and defend against claims. We are committed to defending your right to be notified immediately.
We may be obliged to or deem it necessary or appropriate to disclose your information in certain special circumstances. For instance, as required by federal or state law or corporate and/or personal safety issues. For instance, we may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
But these instances will be strictly vetted. Disclosure of even a snippet of membership data will only occur if no other viable option remains. Your privacy will always be our number one priority.
13. We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, such as firewall and secure socket layers where appropriate.
15. We do not share credit card, debit card, bank account or any other form of financial information with anyone. In fact, we do not have access to this information.