Source: Connect Safely
The following is an excerpt:
A survey was conducted involving 9-to-16 year-olds and their parents in 25 countries.
The UK-based EU Kids Online came up with the questions and definitions that people of all ages and many cultures and languages could understand – bringing a useful sense of definition to youth advocates worldwide.
Here are the online "risk factors" about which all the researchers (based throughout Europe) asked their young respondents:
* Have seen sexual images on websites in past 12 months?
– Norway highest at 34%, Denmark lowest at 4%
* Have you been sent nasty or hurtful messages on the Internet in the past 12 months?
- Estonia highest at 14%, Italy and Portugal tied for lowest at 2%
* Have seen or received sexual messages on the Internet in the past 12 months (known is the USA as "sexting")?
– Romania highest at 22%, Italy lowest at 4%
* Have ever been contact on the internet by someone that you never met face-to-face (not necessarily an adult)?
– Estonia and Sweden tied for highest at 54%, Cypress lowest at 14%
* Have ever gone on to meet anyone face-to-face that you first met on the internet?
– Estonia highest at 25%, Turkey lowest at 3%
* Have you come across one or more types of potentially harmful user-generated content in past 12 months?
– Czech Republic highest at 43%, France lowest at 14%
* Have you experienced one or more types of misuse of personal data in past 12 months?
– Estonia highest at 18%, Finland lowest at 5%
The base for the above percentages is "all children who use the Internet.
Posted by UmeNow
Editors' Choice: Recommended Books January - March 2013 Posted by UmeNow on Tue, March 12, 2013, in Books
Editors' Choice: Recommended Books November - December 2012 Posted by UmeNow on Tue, November 27, 2012, in Books
UmeNow: Private Network Showcases Emerging Authors Posted by UmeNow on Tue, November 13, 2012, in Press releases
Vote for Books on UmeNow: A New Home for Authors and Fans Posted by UmeNow on Mon, November 12, 2012, in Press releases
Editors' Choice: Recommended Books -- October 27, 2012 Posted by UmeNow on Mon, October 22, 2012, in Books